Saturday, March 7, 2015

IF YOU'RE READING THIS IT'S TOO LATE TRACK BY TRACK REVIEW

IF YOURE READING THIS, WELCOME BACK
No formalities,  here's what you came for...

Drake – IF YOU’RE READING THIS YOU’RE TOO LATE Track by Track Review


1. Legend

Im not sure if I necessarily agree with what Drake saying, but I definitely don’t fuck with the flow on this… shit is slow and annoying as fuck. The beat was fire tho, so the track can get a pass. Like I not all the way hating it, I would like play it in the background, while I’m like on watsapp or reading thru blogs on the internet, really not captivating enough for me to care what he is saying. It was a good intro track tho, in terms of vybe.

2. Energy

This is more Drake than Aubrey for sure this track was decent. Like it aint the best Drake shit that dropped in years, but I fuck with it like a lil bit at least. The beat was real subtle and kina needed a catchy flow to carry it, so Drake delivered where that is concerned at least enough to not make the song boring. Topic-wise I see what Drizzy sayin for sure, that boy has the world of enemies(me included). Like the general “real hiphop” community, actual rappers included, just do not FUCK with Aubrey AT ALL. Diddy slapped your boy Aubrey and sent him crying to the hospital g… I kina need not say anymore.

3. 10 Bands

Why does this sound exactly like the track before it? This album BETTER REALLY BE THROWAWAYS THAT YOU PUT TOGETHER DRAKE, because this already has no “no thought put into this” written all over it. I’m not sayin this track is bad… so take it easy, but this is basically the same melodies as the track b4 it… but i’ll let drake live. This track was bragadocious raps, which seems to be Drakes way of tryna prove he don’t only make songs for 16 year old girls n their less than manly over aged boy friends. But I kina dig it, like I will play this omw to a party easy. It was cool

4. Know Yourself

AITEEE DRAKEEEE I SEE YOU… tryna get me to like your music again na?!?!  I WAS RUNNIN THRU THE SIX WITH MY WOES!!! This track for some strange reason is all kinds of fire , too much for my liking, THIS SHIT WAS HARDDDDD. Reminded me of Started From The Bottom. Drake really crafted a good HIPHOP track here without soundin fake tough, like on Headlines n all that other trash. The beat deserves just as much plaudits, this is my favorite record on the album easy… and it, technically not a “great” song, it just so fuckin enjoyable and well put together. My only gripe is Drake “trying” to sound like Migos and the fake gangster Jamaican scene at the start and end :/  like son, that not goin on in the “6IX” -_-



5. No Tellin

This was another highlight, the flow and lyrics on this track was that Drake we kina got post NWTS. Drake kina wasting FIRE beats though… like this beat deserves more effort from whoever decides to flow over this audible fire. Drake actually putting together decent lil quotables, minus that “biggest boss other than ricky ross” BULLSHIT. The three different flows was a good idea, I dig it minus the last flow switch…, which was reminiscent of that Migos/boring ass flow from track 1. Otherwise his track was cool, good job Aubrey


6. Madonna

FUCKOUTTAHEREWITHTHISFUCKERY


7. 6 God

This track is GROSSLY overrated. AGAIN IM NOT SAYING IT IS BAD… JEEZ. When Mrs. Drizzy dropped this, the Drake Hive was havin orgasms basically. So naturally being the prudent HipHop head I am…. I hopped on ILLROOTS.COM to peep this. Honestly for a couple hours, I was convinced I hadn’t found the song… cuz I could think THIS was what the commotion was about. But then I got to my senses and remembered its Drake’s army of fairies we dealing with, so naturally they gonna think anything mildly hard is the toughest shit they heard for 2014.  Like son didn’t drop Trophies that same year… smh. Anyways, this track was okay, like it passes the time, it gets you to the next track without the urge to press skip. The instrumental was not as stellar as other tracks but the baseline damn near shattered my eardrums, I must admit. The beat kina ALSO sound like the instrumental to a boss level on any SNES or SEGA Beat Em Up game…. But it was fire nonetheless. [SIDENOTE: Obiviously you are the god of the 6 Drake, it’s fuckin Canada…. Who else is from there, JUSTIN BIEBER?]


8. STAR67

Why Drake name this song, after the digits crazy trappy girls from America dial to call back their man sidehoes? Anyways… the flow on this is terrible, Drake talking about DRUGS on a the records as well, lmaoooo…. Yo thank God for all of Drake’s producers, cuz beats is saving this album in a BIGGGG way. When the flow switches tho, the song gets kina decent. I kina get the Star 67 thing as the track proceeds, basically the whole phonecall theme throughout the song. Here we go again with the Jamaican thing, like idk if Drake got family from there or sumthing but he really been on Jamaican culture’s DICK. I actually kian fuck with the second part of this song, minus the singing, it’s an okay song


9. Preach (feat. PARYNEXTDOOR)

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
PARTYNEXTDOOR needs to partyneveragain and quit music. This track is TERRIBLE. I can’t for the life of me see why Drake signed this fool. He croons on autotune for half the song…. Drizzy does his best “Comeback Season Drake” in an attempt to save the song… but na, PARTYLIKESHIT comes back to erase whatever efforts Drake expounded to rescue this track… my advice PRESS SKIP.


10. Wednesday Night Interlude (feat. PARTYNEXTDOOR)

First off…. No interlude should be THREE MINUTES PLUS LONG. Secondly, I thought this was “throwaways” Drake… why you got interludes?! You throwing away those too… Thirdly, why PARTYWHATEVERTHEFUCK tryna be The Weekend, and failing?! THIS TRACK IS JUST AS HORRIBLE AS THE ONE BEFORE, NEXT!!!!


11. Used To (feat. Lil Wayne)

This beat destroyed my spearkers… I promise. This bass should be illegal. Track a little “6 God esque” I aint mad at it though. Drake put more energy into this one so I appreciate that at least. He actually got a topic, which as you may have noticed is the first for this album so far. He basically is kina playing on the words “Used To” in all the different ways it could be used, that was kina fresh. Lil Tunechi came in with some struggle bars tho… man picked up right where “Sorry For The Wait 2” left off, which is NOT a good place. Maybe  this wudda been better without Wayne tbh. Why the fuck son said “Suck a nigga for an iphone 6, fuck my nigga terry for a new blackberry”? Like yo, what kina homeless girls these rappers dealin with?! And who even says the word blackberry anymore…. Shit was wild confusing, even for Wayne.


12. 6 Man

What is this b? Track is way too annoying if im bein honest… not much else to say. The beat wasn’t much different from the description of the song. And when Aubrey started singing… jesussss christtt
if you were worried about where I've been or who I saw or What club I went to with the homies Baby don't worry, you know that you got me I'm never worried about where I'm at or who I saw or What club I go to with the homies Baby don't worry, I know that they got me” How a grown man gon pen this tom foolery?


13. Now And Forever

This is the Mrs. Drizzy type of song. If you liked Marvin’s Room or the Take Car album as a whole, you gonna all the way fuck with this track. My thing with this kind of Drizzy song is that I really do not fuck with this style of “emotional” content in no way fathomable so I can’t really give you a solid informed opinion on this kinda song. I really do not know what a quality “on your period/in your feelings” rap crooning track supposed to sound like. I would say this, you boy Aubrey kina jacking The Weekend swag here, especially with the beat selection, and why the fuck is Drake doing this Jamaican thing on the hook. “Ive been “out n bod” lmaoooo. Tha actually made me laugh out loud… track was kina meehhh apart from the beat.

14. Company (feat.) Travi$ Scott

This song is a little more tolerable than the previous emo track. Let us first take a moment to acknowledge Drake said he doesn’t wanna marry a chick who like to wake up in the morning and cook meals at 9Am every morning, because she is too perfect…. Son, HUH?! I ain the hugest Aubrey fans, so maybe the Drake hive could help me out here, but I could vividly remember Drake rapping/crooning about stripper chick who he knows can be better  etc, and he wish she would n such n such… Like g, wat DO you want? But anyways, the track not terrible, but it also aint sumn that I gon advise you listen to if I’m tryna get you to like this album. The beat drop when Travi$ came in was super fresh, n I don’t fuck with Travi$ music at all(he fuckin beats up his fans b, eem tho that aint why I don’t fuck with him I thought I should let you know). I wanna go out on a limb n say Travi$ also made the beat which is yet another banger from your La Flame, he really needs to stick to beat solo. Drake cudve done the more justice, but the I not all the way hatin it, I’ll listen to it again.


15. You and The 6

Why drake calling n complaining to mummy like a little bitch? Anyways, I’lll look past that cuz I mean, I call mums to discuss shit that I need advice on, on some grown man shit (yea I’m ONLY 23 tho) so perhaps Drake can too. He really didn’t need to say “mama” so much, n be breathing hard on the call n all that. Otherwise this track is actually fire. Great story telling from Drake, and the tone of the beat was perfect for the subject matter. I actually highgly recommend anybody who doesn’t fuck with Drake to listen to this, this is proof that son can actually RAP n make DOPE HIPOP SONGS.

16. Jungle

Apparently there was a short film titled after this record. Naturally I didn’t see eem bother giving that the time of day… it’s a DRAKE MOVIE yo, why the fuck would I? Anyways, this might shock you… but I actually fuck with this, not really subjectwise at all but for Drake’s Vocals… like he sounded good. He was super swagger jacking The Weekend style, BUT he fuckin pulled it off, props Aubrey. PS: TAKE IN THE UN-MASCULINITY OF THIS BOYS LYRICS, HE SAID: “fuck what they talkin about on your timeline, that’s cutting into my time with you” -_- my g I really don’t eem need to go into that, it speak for itself.


17. 6PM in New York


One word: BARS
This track was BY FAR the best song on the album. Like son needs to just do this, with the occasional singing in the way he did on Jungle. This is the drake I fell in love with (pause) on Comeback Season and So Far Gone. Drake kina forgot he could do this for the last 8 years, bar a couple of gems. Your boy Aubrey came all the way correct on this, no hooks just bars, mean flow and fuckin disses(WHO KNEW!). Great way to close the album.



CONCLUSION

I don’t fuck with post So Far Gone Drizzy, OBVIOUSLY. He consistently releases the softest shit hiphop has to offer. But I DO ACKNOWLEDGE that Drake is the hottest rapper in the game. I’m not fuckin sure why… but this boy sold 570K albums in 2 nights… like that shit unheard of in rap. This ENTIRE album is on Billboard’s Top 100 Singles globally… like Drake is winning. As for his legacy as a RAPPER RAPPER, he light years behind A LOT of dudes, because his catalog leave a lot to be desired. Drake needs to use is OVERWHLEMING global influence on people to fuck with whatever he does, and drop a Comeback Season meet So Far Gone, and prove me wrong. The funny thing about Drake is that I know he CAN do it, and I want him to, but till then fi he keeps dropping shit like IF YOURE READING THIS YOURE TOO LATE, then FUCK DRAKE b.

P.S. Drake if the universe ever line up perfectly and give you the pleasure of reading this, take my advice and stop with the "6" shit... that really ain't helping with the Illuminati/Devil rumors son, unless you really on that, then well... by all means carry on.

ALSO WHAT THE FUCK IS CAUSING YOU TO INFLUENCE THESE OBVIOUSLY FATHERLESS KIDS SUCH AS THIS ONE B?!






MY RATING 5.5-6 outta 10

No comments:

Post a Comment